Saturday 4 March 2017

Soviet Tank T-34-85


Here's another tank on my series. A russian T-34-85. Modelled, rendered, rigged in Maya.



The turret on this one was one of the hardest to make as it is mostly curved, to the point that I resorted to using a sculpt tool to form those curves.




The rig is the same as most others, one control moves turns the tracks, one controls elevation and depression of the gun.
After using constraints, I found that it has an issue: whenever the tank is tilted at an angle, the gun rotates, keeping rotation axis Z at 0 degrees. This is not what I intended, and unchecking Z axis from the constraint isn't working either, so instead I used expressions.

From here on, all the other tanks using the same constraint method has been changed to expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment